ONE STAR – A GOAL IS FULLY DEFINED
What has happened to your eﬀorts in the past, regarding goal setting? What do you think it is that causes you to:
- Make goals and start working toward them and not achieve them, just abandon them? or
- Eventually, achieve them, but be way, way behind schedule? or
- Just put oﬀ making goals altogether?
ATHLETES KNOW THE SECRET TO ACHIEVING GOALS – YOU CAN LEARN THEM TOO
Make Sure Your 5- Star Goal Is:
(1) A briefly stated intention – YOU specify exactly what it is you intend to do (in 1 or 2 sentences)
(2) Always written down – YOU put your goal in writing, post it in a visible place and refer to it often so that it is always at the top of your mind
(3) Always aligned with core values – YOU know the core values/ beliefs system that rule your attitude and behaviors, and set appropriate goals that will ensure that you always act within your authenticity and integrity
(4) Always S.M.A.R.T. – YOU make your 5- Star Goal:
SPECIFIC – identify/detail its intention and parameters;
MEASURABLE – include benchmarks for tracking your progress and outcomes;
ACHIEVABLE – set yourself up for success through reasonable expectations;
RISKY – so that your goal stretches, challenges, and excites you, and makes you proud of yourself;
TIME-LIMITED – set a deadline, so you’ll know when you’ve achieved success and when it’s Time to celebrate!
(5) Always IMPLEMENTED – YOUR 5- Star goal doesn’t sit on a list on your wall, it’s in play!
Imagine what your life could be like if you were able to live the life you’ve only dreamed about having!